Thursday, June 28, 2012

Potpourri


     Patience is a virtue, one that I am surely lacking when I am waiting for my final grade. I have checked the school website so many times that I have lost count. Professor assures us that grades will be posted by Friday. A friend of mine asked me if there is any doubt as to what my grade will be. I am fairly certain it will be an A, but I still want it to be official.
     Luckily for me the exam was last week and not this week, since I am seriously sleep deprived. I have a new neighbor moving in upstairs from me. This fellow isn’t even in yet, and already he is problematic. Three times in the last week he started moving stuff in at 10:30 P.M., and continued until after midnight. And no, I did not take this sitting down. I am going through proper channels to resolve the problem. I did speak with the super a couple of times, but last night was the third strike for this vampire tenant. At 12:20 A.M. I came tearing out of my apartment like Secretariat out of the starting gate at the Belmont Stakes. "Is there some reason why you need to be doing this at midnight?",  I politely queried...(ya think? No, I was really hot...)  Next time it happens will be payback time, and you know what they say about that…So, if you hear vacuuming, hammering, or loud, blaring music at 5:00 A.M., that will be me...
     My college offers GED  classes, and recently they posted a picture of the graduating class. In the center of the picture is a fellow with decidedly grey hair, who appears to be even older than me! Wow! And I thought I was a late bloomer! However, once I read the caption, I realized he was a former governor, who had been the guest speaker at the ceremony. Oops!
     Twenty something son #2, whom I haven’t seen in weeks, came over for a visit last evening. Being divorced, I rarely cook anymore.  However, I offered to cook his favorite dish for him. This was indeed, a bribe. In exchange, he helped me complete my FAFSA application.      
     My fall semester schedule is like having dessert before dinner. All four courses are by choice…Yes I did say four. I added another one. My new friend from film class plans to take five courses this fall, and she still has children living at home. She is such an inspiration…. So I added  “Fiction & Film Studies” to my schedule, which will be held on Friday nights. For me, Friday night classes are exceedingly desirable, as there are an abundance of parking spots-and a minimum of youngsters.

No comments: