Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Over the Moon

 
     I was discussing the upcoming weekend with 30-something son, and I indicated to him that I was not making any plans since I have so much homework to do…30-something’s response: “Are you sure?”  He suggested I should reread my syllabus. I suggested to him that he is a wiseguy.
     I received my graded paper on Casablanca, and I got an “A”. Professor was highly complimentary of my writing.  I was so happy, I was over the moon! It was very gratifying having such positive feedback, especially considering that I hold him in such high esteem and I value his opinion.  I have one more paper to submit and one exam to take next week, and then, unfortunately, this class will be completed. This is a class that I would have preferred to have spread over the 16 weeks. My BFF suggested I take the courses I don’t like in the summer, since they will be over quicker. I consider that concept very enticing, but unfortunately, none of those classes (and I won't disclose which ones they are) fit my schedule this year. Therefore, in the second half of the summer, I am taking Creative Writing. This is another course I would like to have had spread out over 16 weeks, but alas, it is not to be. My next sixteen week course (in the fall) will be Biology. Ugh!

No comments: