Sunday, March 10, 2013

"League of Unconventional Students"

    

     The number of page views on my blog decreases with every passing day.  I realize that, partially at least, I am to blame.  I haven’t been writing as many posts as I had been previously, which I attribute to my unemployment induced depression.  Aside from that, I imagine that a large portion of my potential audience doesn’t even know what a blog is, and even if they did, navigation to the site may prove problematic for them.  Therefore, I have been pondering creative ways that I may induce people to find their way to my blog, even if it’s purely by accident. 
     The first idea I came up with was to add pictures, once my technologically challenged brain figured out how to do that.  On a number of my posts, I have a variety of snapshots of me, Buddy, books, and even some favorite foods.  I have received lots of positive feedback…from my friends and family.
     The second idea I had was to mention “Baby Boomers”, since that is who this blog is really geared to. I did that a few weeks ago, and, so far, no good.
     The other idea I had was to rename the blog as follows: “L.U.ST.”, which is an acronym for “League of Unconventional Students”.  That catchy title would probably get some attention, but may attract the wrong kind of reader,. That being said, I really like the name of my blog.  Combine that with my prudish nature, and I will nix that particular idea.
     One of the son’s girlfriends, a student at a local University, has indicated to me on numerous occasions that there are a multitude of unconventional students in her classes.  Perhaps I should ask her to give them my blog address…

No comments: