Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Crickets"



If I were a drinker
You know what I think?
I’d drink and I’d drink
Till I could no longer think
I’d drink till I fell 
Flat out on the floor
Then I’d pick myself up 
And start drinking some more.


     Each time I go on a job interview, I obtain a business card from each interviewer so that I may send the subsequent, requisite, thank you note.  I have now accumulated enough cards to play Canasta. 
     Part of the job search dilemma is that the lack of success slowly erodes a person's self confidence. I began feeling as if I need to know that I can at least land a job, any job. In my state of desperation, I applied to Dunkin Donuts. Crickets. That little ploy certainly backfired. Even Dunkin Donuts won't have me. They must know I drink Starbucks! Maybe I should put in an application there...
     I know who will be disappointed when I finally do land a job-the people at Dress Barn.  I have invested a small fortune in interview appropriate clothes.  I made a dash over there today to buy some black slacks and another jacket.  I now have the best dressed closet in town.  
     Come to think of it, Dress Barn is hiring...

   

No comments: