Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Live and Learn"

     The move was brutal, physicallyI was so tired afterward, all I wanted to do was soak in the tub and go to bed.  I got everything ready-dish detergent in lieu of bubble bath, towels, and improvisational pajamas (in other words-sweats), and then I proceeded to fill the tub.  Except the tub wouldn't fill.  The stopper doesn't work.  Dejectedly, I nixed that idea and started to just wash up and change.  Reach for my toothbrush and toothpaste...of course they aren't there.  And of course, I didn't know where I had packed them.  (I apparently wasn't smart enough to put them in my purse, which already carries everything but the kitchen sink).  The last thing I felt like doing was rooting through boxes, but I did nevertheless.  Mercifully, I didn't have to look too far.  Now to clip back my hair...To make a long story short-I used a paper clip and rubber band. (Ouch!)  My hairband and clip were whereabouts incognito.  On to the hand lotion, which I apply liberally nightly to my weathered hands and elbows.  I found some sweet smelling pink stuff that I hadn't used too often.  It would have to do.  I didn't really like it, as it left my skin rather slimy, and it didn't do much for dryness.  The next day, in the daylight,  I took a closer look at the bottle, and came to the realization that the slippery pink goo was actually...hand soap! I'm not kidding!  This stuff does not in any way resemble any kind of liquid soap that I have ever seen!
     So what did I learn here?  Well, instead of packing my carry on with books, paperwork, and knitting needles, I should have loaded it up with the essentials that I would certainly be needing at bedtime.  Why hadn't I thought of something so simple?  Live and learn.

No comments: