Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An Odd Fetish

    
     Last night was a sleepless night for me. I always get keyed up when I attend school, especially the first night. I couldn’t stop my racing thoughts. Ideas were flying about in my psyche much like tourist helicopters fly over the East River. Class went well, although I usually tend to be somewhat intimidated in the beginning. Since this is a writing course, I believe I will feel at ease quickly. I am as comfortable writing as a politician is making empty promises… Ooh-I know-dripping with sarcasm. I couldn’t help myself.
     I have always had somewhat of a pen and pad fetish. (Odd, don't you think? Knowing me, are you surprised, really?)  Being back in school allows me to justifiably indulge my urges.  I had already purchased a new five subject notebook and pens for fall, as well as an unnecessary new journal, simply because it’s so pretty. Last night, however, Professor instructed us to purchase a small notebook for a Journaling assignment. No problem! I couldn’t wait to get to Target after class to peruse my options. I ultimately came home with two brightly patterned pads (remember-I only needed one), which will complement my ever increasing number of journals and notebooks of varied shapes and sizes, which are scattered haphazardly throughout my apartment.  As you know, organization is definitely not my strong suit when it comes to my writings.  I don’t know how I will ever achieve the extremely daunting task of organization. Maybe I will start by organizing my notebooks…that’s daunting enough!

No comments: