Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Temper Tantrums


     Okay, I am officially too old for fist pounding temper tantrums. My hands are killing me! 
I discovered the problem with the school website the other day…I needed to reset my password. You could have fooled me! It didn’t say that anywhere! Luckily, web services responded to my panicked plea over the weekend, and I managed to retrieve the information I needed and thereby avoided having a complete nervous breakdown.     
     I was speaking with an acquaintance recently, and low & behold she informs me that she too started college at 50-something. I was impressed and excited at the same time. “Did you earn your Bachelor’s?” She proudly responded that she earned her Master’s, quickly adding that she wouldn’t disclose her age.
“I believe that the older you are, the more impressive the accomplishment” I opined. No dice. She’s keeping me guessing. Not that it matters, really.  In all seriousness, I quite admire this woman, and I conveyed to her what an inspiration I consider her to be. I believe there’s hope for me yet! 
     So last night I was visiting with my sons & their girlfriends, and I was relating a couple of the stories that I have included in my blog. The three of them looked at me as if I had metamorphosed into an alien being. Not even one giggle did I elicit. They didn’t even pretend! I realize that young people have vastly different tastes in music, movies, films, comedy. I hope that their lack of enthusiasm is the result of our age differences, and that my more mature audience finds my stories somewhat amusing. I haven’t had any negative feedback yet…

No comments: