Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Fashion Aficionado"



     If I had a theme song, it would be “Does Your Mother Know That You’re Out?” If you’ve seen Mama Mia, you know of what I speak. The reason I mention this? The young man asked for my phone number!  We’ve been Emailing back and forth a bit, and I reiterate-he is the only one who expresses any actual interest in me as a person! I’m really chicken about giving him my number, though. I’m going to suggest chatting online first. By the way-my 30-something and 20-something sons are less than thrilled about this…
     I am reading 1984 for my Fiction & Film class. I hate it. (I am quite sure this is the first time I’ve actually complained about an assignment.)  I am persevering, though. I read 100 pages yesterday.  I will also be compelled to watch the movie. A friend of mine indicated to me that the movie is inappropriate for children. Do you think I should mention this to my professor before he shows the film in class?     

     As previously mentioned, I am looking for a job. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I received a phone call in regards to scheduling an interview.  I have a dilemma, though.  I have had to invest in some interview appropriate suits and accessories.  This is not the most opportune time for me to be purchasing new clothes. Of course I didn’t have a choice in this instance...but I did have a choice regarding the additional blouse, sweater, and jeans that I purchased.  I simply could not help myself! Now granted, I am no fashion aficionado, but I am wild about the colors that are popular this fall.  I hope I get that job…or a rich boyfriend!


No comments: