Saturday, October 20, 2012

"A Man of Few Words"

     Remember me telling you that I was drawn to the younger fellow on the internet dating sight because he can spell and form sentences?  Allow me to explicate my reasoning.  One of my friends, who is a spelling snob like me, belongs to the same site.  Recently, a fellow sent her a message indicating to her that he is "New Jersey born and... bread". This is exactly what I mean! I would have to delete this guy immediately, as did my equally astute friend.  Now granted, not everyone is a good speller, but this is just beyond acceptable.
     Another fellow contacted me that I had limited contact with previously. He had never asked me any questions, although I made inquiries regarding his interests. I hadn't heard anything in two or three weeks, and then he Emailed me. The content of his email: Hi. Apparently he is a man of few words. I didn't answer right away, and then he Emailed me again, indicating that he would like to hear from me. I responded, simply asking how he was doing.  His reply merely indicated that he had worked all day and was busy around the house. I get the feeling that communication would be problematic with this one. Although, his being a man of few words could be a plus...

No comments: