Thursday, November 8, 2012

"The Comedian"



     I have had my first phone conversation with the comedian.  He asked me a question that no one ever asked me before: am I retired?  Ouch!
      I am not retired. I consider myself a “semi-senior”.  That’s the “old” version of a “tween”. In case you aren’t familiar with the term, a “tween” is the age of development between child and teenager. A “semi-senior” is no longer young, but not yet old enough to reap the rewards of being a senior, like qualifying for SSI and Senior Citizen discounts.
      I do feel the conversation went quite well. We spoke for 40 minutes. Not bad for a first phone call, right?  Of course, some of that time was chewed up by each of us saying “what”, “excuse me”, “I beg your pardon”, and “could you please repeat that”, and then ultimately repeating ourselves, because neither of us can hear very well.
     I am finally taking the plunge. I am meeting him for lunch this weekend.  I actually only wanted to meet for coffee, but he prefers to eat.  That’s okay with me. At the very least, it’s a meal that I don’t have to cook, or pay for. Fingers crossed!

No comments: