Friday, November 16, 2012

"Arctic Gale"

     I just arrived home from class, frozen to the bone.  The air conditioner was blowing full force in our lecture hall, for no good reason. The temperature outside is in the 30's.  There is frost on my car's wind shield. Yet a draft that would rival an arctic gale was swirling about the room throughout the entire three hours that we were there.  I was so cold that I had my coat draped over my lap like a grandmother's lap robe-and I didn't care who saw it.  I was so cold that I welcomed a hot flash.  I was so cold that the hot flash didn't help.  I could not have fallen asleep in that class if I wanted to! 
     As you know, last evening I did not attend class, a first for me since returning to college.  Apparently, my professor was less than thrilled with my absence, because...she called me on my cell phone to admonish me!   Talk about feeling juvenile!  (Teachers didn't have this particular luxury back in the 70's when I was in high school!)  Fortunately for me, I didn't answer the phone. ( I never answer if I don't recognize the number.)  The message she left was painful enough.  I won't be skipping that class again!  Though in reality, one of the the qualities I admire about her is her strict manner.  She keeps all of us kiddies in line!



No comments: