Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Rank Has Its Privileges"



     You must be familiar with that saying! Well in this instance, sometimes simply being of a certain age has its privileges!  I am playing hooky from school tonight! (Sounds juvenile, doesn’t it?) It feels really cool to cut a class, and not have to worry about my folks finding out. On top of that, I wrote my own note to the professor excusing myself!  Of course, being absent is not something I make a habit of.  In fact, this is the first time in fourteen months of classes (and six courses) that I am missing one. (When I went to high school, I cut one class-ever-and it was at the end of my senior year. I was always a goodie two shoes). I really do have a valid reason for missing class tonight, although there are some who may not agree with me. Additionally, all of my work is done. No, not the work that is due now-my assignments for the remainder of the semester!  Some of my classmates have yet to take the midterm exam, and that was three weeks ago!  Ah, the nonchalant attitude of youth…
     Last week my other class was cancelled at the last minute.  My professor phoned me and requested that I notify the class (since I was already en route), and also update them on certain assignments.  He indicated that he felt reassured having someone “mature” to handle this for him. I was so proud!  Except that I relayed one minor point incorrectly.  He indicated a particular quiz would be postponed, and I somehow interpreted, and related to the class, that the quiz was cancelled.  I guess Professor should have contacted a young student-one that still has fully functional brain cells. Or maybe it was a toss up: diminished brain cells versus nonchalant attitude. In any event, due to the confusion, the quiz was ultimately cancelled. Thank goodness. I absolutely hated that particular novel…

No comments: