Saturday, September 29, 2012

I' m Back!



    More often than not, I am a woman of few words. Except when I write, although lately even when I write, or try to.  Major life changes have become a way of life for me over the last four years.  I would have thought I’d be used to it by now, but the latest change kind of threw me for a loop.   My writing is the one thing that generally helps me work through the trying times, but even that has eluded me.  However, I think its back, and hopefully you will be hearing from me more often.
     One of my professors is allergic to chalk dust. In my 50-something years, I have never heard of such an absurdity, and now this is the second instance in a matter of weeks.  I find it quite comical,  kind of like a dentist being allergic to fluoride.
     I feel compelled to provide an update on the internet dating thing.  It is going from bad to worse…to worst.  This really good looking guy contacted me. He was the right age, we had some interests in common, and he lives in…Guam!  I was going to Email him that this seems rather pointless, except that when I logged back in, the he was allegedly a she, with a female silhouette in place of the photo, and claiming to be 7’ tall, and 99 years old.  That particular someone needs to get a life. Needless to say I blocked he/she/it. Okay, then this decent looking guy Emails me, and proceeds to tell me what a strong drive he has, and no, I don’t mean golf.  He also indicated how he wants to indulge this particular drive all night long and in a variety of locations.  It goes without saying that I blocked this clown also. (Clown is probably not the most accurate term to describe this one. Don’t you agree?)  I was tempted to ask him if maybe he wasn’t a little old for such nonsense.  It’s certainly no surprise to me that some of these guys are on their own.  I plan to put a disclaimer on my profile that only gentlemen need apply.  I imagine that will greatly reduce the number of Emails I receive.  By the way, I haven’t had any actual dates yet…which is probably a blessing…

No comments: