Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Everything I Learned..."



    Everything I learned, I learned in college. Too bad I waited until I was 50-something to attend…Okay, that isn’t exactly true. If there is one thing I have had in my life, it is an education. It just didn’t take place in a classroom.  I have had an education in “lifespan”, encompassing elements of psychology (child and abnormal), home and finance management, nursing, and communications.  I excelled at some of these “studies”, but failed miserably at others.  Luckily for me, life offers us second chances.  I believe my stint in college is going to complement and enhance that which I have already learned, as well as shed light on some problem areas. 
     This semester, I am studying the evolution of film with my favorite professor.  This class is considerably different from the last one, and I believe it will be more challenging.  The movies are different than anything I would have watched without prodding, which will give me exposure to something new and different.  The same is true of my Fiction & Film class.  I am already expanding my horizons, as I am reading books that are politically oriented, as well as the NY Times, and Barron’s.  (Don’t fault me-I’ve been reading Good Housekeeping and Parents’ magazines all these years. It's not like I simply read the Enquirer...)
     One of my professors was relating to the class about one of his teachers, who is…allergic to chalk dust…Can you imagine?  Claritin, take me away…

No comments: