Friday, September 14, 2012

"Internet Dating 101"



     I may seem biased when I express my views, but sometimes when I read the nonsense that some of the men on these dating sites message or hint at, I think to myself that it is no surprise that they are on their own. Some of the stuff is so repulsive that it would seem more appropriate if this particular site catered to 20 year olds. It doesn’t. It’s for ages 50 and up. You’d also think they’d have learned a little something about women by this late stage. Apparently not.  Therefore, my girlfriends and I have come up with some tips for weeding out the undesirables. If the guys are guilty of any of the following, delete instantly:
1. No picture on his profile.
2. Legally separated and living in NJ?  There is no such thing. He’s hitched.
3. If he makes any reference to body dimensions other than height and weight.
4. If he references numbers that would spoon nicely together when turned upside down.
5. If the first thing he mentions in his initial Email is the “S” word.
6. If he lives beyond a reasonable radius.
     First impressions are lasting. One fellow sent me a message, and in the background of his photo was a wall of liquor bottles.  Anyone who knows me well is aware that I deleted his message in record speed. (He really did me a favor with that telling photo.)  Now that I reflect on all of this, the guys are really doing us a favor by showing their true colors up front.  Perhaps Internet Dating isn’t such a bad idea after all.


No comments: