Friday, April 5, 2013

"Doggie Diction"



   
      My Chocolate Lab, Buddy, was mad at me today, and he let me know it but quick.  I had been out for a couple of hours, and when I came home, I promptly went to feed my son's guinea pigs, coaxing Buddy out of the room.  When I emerged, he had emptied the bathroom wastebasket on the living room floor, and shredded everything in it. 
     Buddy actually attempts to communicate with me.  I forgot to feed him this afternoon, so he followed me to the kitchen, and was pointedly looking from his food bowl to me and back again, until I finally got it.  Last week when I took him to the groomer, he was walking towards the place so slowly, you'd think he was going to be executed.  He kept looking over his shoulder, in a blatant display of his desire for me to take him back home.  I never put two and two together before, but this dog really tries to communicate.  My Husky, Aurora, suffered from seizures.  When she was having one, Buddy would summon whomever was home at the time, jumping on us until we followed him to the quivering Aurora. He isn't as dumb as he seems.

No comments: