Sunday, September 1, 2013

"Decidedly Dumb"

     Sometimes I am so dumb that I even surprise myself.  I met up with a friend the other night for coffee.  She was inquiring how my recently injured foot was coming along.  I happily informed her that it felt just great.  "Have you been doing the exercises the doctor recommended?", she queried.  "Uh...no.  But I do stretch it occasionally..."  (It actually felt so good from the injection the doctor had administered, that I had forgotten I was supposed to exercise.)  By the way, she asked, "do you know how you injured it originally?"  "I do!"  I readily described to her how I believed the injury had happened, in addition to...demonstrating....I actually felt a tearing sensation in the bottom of my foot, quickly followed by a throbbing pain...
     Did I say I'm dumb? As in "decidedly"? As in "with a capital D"?  As in, dumb "to a fault"? At times, dangerously so, I'm afraid... I hope no one else asks me how I injured it...

1 comment:

sandy said...

You are far from dumb! Silly maybe......but hardly dumb....xoxoxoxo