Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Back to School"

     School starts tonight, and as usual, I am a wreck.  I made the mistake of double checking  the course description immediately prior to going to bed last night...and...you guessed it!  "I couldn't sleep at all last night. Do do dodo do".*  This course is one of the most intimidating that I've faced thus far.  The course is "Introduction to Business & Technical Writing".  My reasoning when I scheduled this course? I love to write, and I have occasion to write on my job.  Seems like a good fit. Right?  I thought so too, until I took a closer look at what the course entails.  I will be writing proposals, doing analyses, and of course, technical writing.  What was I thinking?!?!?  I hope I'm just experiencing my usual beginning of the semester jitters.  I've been trying to boost my confidence all day today.  I figure that if the kiddies, (who will most assuredly be playing with their Smart phones for most of the evening), can handle the class, I should be able to, considering I'll be focused (provided of course, that I can stay awake), I can already spell and write in complete sentences, and I've been working for over forty years.  I had to have learned something in all of that time.  
     Oh-I almost forgot.  One of my friends (?) cautioned me against doing most of my course work during the first week of the semester. Ha!  I hope I've learned to interpret a syllabus by now!

From "Tossin' and Turnin'" , a song written by Ritchie Adams and Malou Rene

No comments: