Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pretty in Pink


     How do I describe embarrassment? Four words: hot flash in class! I am the only student in my Creative Writing class, or in any class I’ve had thus far, who suffers from hot flashes. To make matters worse, tonight, Professor gave us some handouts to use in class, since we don’t use a text book. My copies served a dual purpose-to study, of course, and as a portable cooling device. I had two hot flashes in a two hour time span, and my handouts were utilized as the fan of choice. My embarrassment was exacerbated, however, when Professor asked me to read in the midst of one…I had half of the papers in my left hand, fanning myself, and the other half in my right hand, to read from. I  meant no disrespect by using those papers in such a fashion, but I would have melted in my desk if I hadn’t. Perhaps I will buy a large bag which would accommodate my chair pad, my sweater, and a miniature portable fan, which I could bring to class with me.  Victoria’s Secret has been advertising a pretty, hot pink, limited edition bag... Wouldn’t that be a hoot?!?!?!?!

No comments: