Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Ivy"

     Last week in class, Professor indicated that he had seen a strange woman in the hall carrying a planter of ivy. He suggested we utilize his "sighting" as a writing prompt. I did, and he liked it. I wanted to share it with you:


                                                                             "Ivy"



I noticed her carrying a planter of ivy.
I started wondering where she was bound.
She was not someone I recognized.
I had never seen her around.
The grace of her gait intrigued me,
Soon compelling me to follow.
I found her appearance to be so alluring.
She was someone that I longed to know.
I followed her out through the commons,
Then, to my horror and disbelief,
She quickly exited and headed to her car.
She was an unlikely, potted plant thief!

No comments: