Thursday, March 13, 2014

"The New Ten"

     If fifty is the new forty, and forty is the new thirty, and thirty is the new twenty-what is twenty?  The new ten?  Judging by the maturity level of some of my classmates-that would be a resounding YES!  There are about a half a dozen students in my class who talk or kid around relentlessly.   Nothing is serious.  Everything is a joke to them.  Since I returned to college nearly 3 years ago, there have been the odd students who would talk in class, but never to excess.  Well!  The students in my class not only talk constantly, and this is really juvenile, they make fun of the professor!  (I thought they were being inappropriate a couple of weeks ago when I asked them to keep it down.)   Last evening, I was discussing the situation with one of my classmates, a fortyish woman who is equally incensed by their appalling behavior.  "They are behaving like high school students", she opined.  "High school?" I responded in astonishment.  "They are more like grammar school students, in my opinion."   You know, our professor is the sweetest lady, and she is very soft spoken and rather timid.  When the children misbehave, she doesn't call them on it.  The next time I go to class, those brats are going to get an earful from me.  I am not paying my hard earned money to listen to them.  They will be lucky if I don't tell them to shut the f--- up-
in English!  And this time I won't be saying fudge...

No comments: