Friday, February 8, 2013

"Doubting Thomas"



     I recently went to a consignment shop with my BFF in search of a jacket to wear on job interviews.  I purchased an adorable, stylish jacket which is black with red pinstripes. It was a real bargain at $12.00.  Now, I have heard that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to match “blacks”.  Being the quintessential “doubting Thomas”, I didn’t believe that for a minute.  I arrive home with my “bargain”, and begin to coordinate some outfits so I’m ready to go if I get a call.  I have two black skirts, and neither of them matches the jacket.  So, I subsequently went to JCP and purchased a red skirt trimmed with black. My reasoning was that even if the blacks don’t match, it won’t be that noticeable. Well, they don’t, and it most certainly is noticeable.  The wheels in my brain are turning now, in desperation. Surely grey will work.  I add two different shades of grey slacks and a light grey skirt to my wardrobe.  (I’m not even going to say it!Next I bought cranberry red slacks.  The black and cranberry go great together, but…the reds don’t match!  Aah! I would have been better off had I purchased one…new…suit!  The only reason this shopping debacle hasn’t rendered me destitute, is that the stores I frequent are having the most amazing end of season sales, luckily for me!  I hope I find a job before the seasons change!  Oh, by the way, I also bought two new jackets…both are black and red. One of them matches something in my closet, I think

No comments: