Sunday, April 22, 2012

Return to College

     After 2-1/2 years of contemplation, I have finally taken the big step- I have returned to college. Having raised my family, I now have time on my hands. I have always had it in the back of my mind to return to school, and now the time has come (while I'm still physically capable of carrying my own books).
     Registration was an awakening. I, (and students young enough to be my children), waited to see a guidance counselor. Mercifully, I landed the only one even remotely close to me in age. Unsure of whether I even remembered how to study, I signed up for just one class, Psych 101. The counselor seemed to agree that this was a good idea. I chose a Friday night class, certain that all of the younger students would be out partying on a Friday night.  That was pretty much the case, although even the older students were younger than me. Looks like only the Professors (and one Guidance Counselor) are going to be in my age group. One of my classmates was remarking to me that she hadn't taken a class in 8 years. Oh, I replied smugly, I can top that. "Do you know when I was last in college?"  1982OOHHH! she replied, looking decidedly sentimental....that's the year I was born..... Ouch!

No comments: