Sunday, November 10, 2013

"Old Fashioned Email"

     Okay, so it's been over a month since I have written a blog post.  In case you're wondering why, and I know some of you are, it is because I am developing an intolerance for technology that is so intense, I do not possess the vocabulary to adequately describe it. My home computer is rarely even on anymore, which causes some difficulty when I want to write a post or do homework.
     Technology is moving so fast that I am struggling to keep up.  For example, the format on my Email accounts  has changed. All I want is the old fashioned Email (isn't that an oxymoron?), one where I click compose and a box opens up.  I type my letter and hit send.  Done. I click on the response, a box opens up.  I read it. Options are included.  Reply.  Send.  Delete. Done. But no, my inbox lists all correspondence on one line.  Sometimes I don't even know how to access a particular Email.  I know it's there, but I'll be damned if I can get to it. It appears  the Emails all run in a row, and I literally don't know how to reply.  I guess they are supposed to resemble  a conversation.  Well, Emails are not conversations, per se.  They are letters.  When I have a conversation with someone, their words travel directly to my auditory sensors, and vice verse.  The words don't traverse the globe before reaching me.  I am not at a loss for how to respond.  I simply speak. In sentences. My partner answers me. In sentences. Simple.  Straightforward.  Understood, and with far less aggravation or frustration (unless of course, I'm talking to the ex).  And consider this-if I whisper to my partner, the conversation is confidential.  I won't see subsequent ads in my Email about the topic of discussion.
     Another issue I have is all these annoying symbols and highlights that occur when my cursor passes over an Email in my in box.  I hate pop ups.  They are distracting, and they make it difficult to see what I am looking for.  These pop ups are everywhere!  What the fudge!  If I want to see something or buy something, I will look for it!  Getting in my face will only irritate me, and I will avoid whatever it is you are trying to sell me, at all costs.
     When I look at the movie schedules, do you know that I can't view the calendar to adjust the date because the bulk of it is obscured by an ad?  Are you kidding me?
     Lastly, and this is the best-I couldn't find the link to my blog today.  It took quite awhile for me to figure out where it is.  Now that I am in, I don't want to sign out.  I may never find my way back...

No comments: